Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Not London

So today (as might have been seen bye the - not so - clever title) we went and did some things out side of the real city of London. We rented a car in the morning then drove out to Stonehenge around twelve thirty ans we got there ... oooooh around three thirty. It was quite the traffic jam actually I think it had to do with a lot of people wanting to get out of the city. Anyway it was really cool, it was almost dark and pretty cloudy and humid, so it seemed fairly foreboding-like anyway the rocks were really cool, I need to see if my mom got any good shots of it on the USBing camera that reminds me I need to load yesterdays pictures onto the older posts. So everybody you should check those. As it turned out Stonehenge was closing early (at four) for the Christmas Break like time. That bearing in mind we hurried on our way around the area (There is a round walkway around Stonehenge so one can see it from all angles). Then we started our trying journey to the temple. We left Stonehenge at four tenish and were aiming to get to the temple at around six thirty seven, but due to traffic jamage we got there at eight twenty. London traffic is bad to begin with, but combine that with a closed part of the Freeway... yes it was troublesome... anyway we arrived at the temple about an hour and a half after our reserved time. There were worries among us that we wouldn't be able to do it at all, but they didn't want to let us down after traveling for more than 4 hours. Thus we were able to do baptisms. It was soooo cool. then we got some pictures of the temple (we tried to get one of the new Moroni on top, but it was pretty much covered in scaffolding. Sorry). Then we came back and I wrote this post :).

PS if you sign the comments then I think I could more accurately answer questions etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love getting photos as well as the travel. I had a hard time reading the green print, but got it with some effort.

Your trip to Stonehenge sounded like my trip to Costco. It snowed really hard all day yesterday so with a slight break in the weather, I think everyone in the county headed to the store for their Christmas food. I stood in a long line to check out and then my credit card wouldn't work because I have switched to Mastercard and it isn't a TRUE debit card because they subtract my purchases once monthly. Grandpa came back for the groceries with his AX and they had put them in the freezer instead of the refrigerator so my green salad may be a bit ruined.

Not so exciting as the British Isles, but the best I could do.

Thanks for keeping us posted. We love you and wish you Merry Christmas! Grandma Beckham

Ricks' Rovings said...

Sorry about the green... I'll avoid it in the future. Glad your Christmas was good too Grandma.

Mike